Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
  • ¡Welcome to InfoServ!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Request DM800HD - no bootup or menu after good flash!
Thread Modes
Hi All,

I am really stuck with my DM800 HD PVR, I got the box off a 3rd party, the ftp password had been changed and I could not contact the person so I had no choice but to go down this path of flashing the box.

box DM800 HD PVR
Sim 210

I believe the box is a clone - but I am still not entirely sure. Screws on the back are all black and sim clearly says 210 on it.

The box came with SSL76 and some version of enigma (I don't remember), since then as a noob I tried to flash it and got the famous NO CA error, I got around this using dreamup and null modem cable. Since then I have successfully flashed different SSL's (#69, #76, #82,#84) and also managed to flash various images - I assumed I have clone box and used cloned images.

THE PROBLEM: Everytime I flash an image successfully, then I connect the dreambox to my tv and I only get a picture of the skin - nothing boots and no menu is displayed just a picture (skin) and that's it. No matter how many different images I have tried - im clearly doing something wrong and I desperately need some help!

If anyone has any idea what the issue is please reply I would greatly appreciate it! Maybe I am missing a step somewhere? or using wrong images?? Thanks guys

So if your sim is sim210 or sim2.01 then flasj only patched image for sim2 ... you can find it on Sim2 images section....Try to flash image by using (3-Fix Bad Sector "Sectors Recovery") method see here
[Only registered and activated users can see links You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.]

Thanks Fairbird for the reply,

I proceeded as follows:

used Optiflasher v.1.0.9b (unregistered) and downloaded image from sim2 images section

image: BlackHole-1-7-0-dm800hd-ramiMAHER.nfi
in Optiflasher settings : sectors recovery
------------------------
DM800HD Detected !
Dreambox detected...Ok!
Sending Flash Loader....
Second Stage OK!
Boot Success & Ready For Job Process!
Name: BlackHole-1-7-0-dm800hd-ramiMAHER.nfi
FSize: 56393104 bytes
Authorization id: 9CECD187
Flashing IMAGE Phase1...
Finalizing Job Phase2...Please Wait...
-----------------------------

Phase 1 took just over 1 hour to complete, phase 2 I waited 30minutes but nothing was happening so disconnected. When I turn on I get the Sim201 team #84B on the display, again I only see the Blackhole skin (picture) on the tv. So the problem still persists

Update 1
---------

Tried the whole process again (with sectors recovery) this time used a ssl#76 and used sim201-gp5.00-OE1.6-dm800-20100429-ssl76.nfi

This time it all looked much better in optiflasher:
DM800HD Detected !
Dreambox detected...Ok!
Sending Flash Loader....
Second Stage OK!
Boot Success & Ready For Job Process!
Name: sim201-gp5.00-OE1.6-dm800-20100429-ssl76.nfi
FSize: 43945504 bytes
Authorization id: 83E10BDC
Flashing IMAGE Phase1...
Finalizing Job Phase2...Please Wait...
Dreambox Flashed Successfully !

When I connect to tv the display panel on the box now only says "Dream Multimedia /flash/vmlinux.gz" and again I only see just the skin - nothing else happens - no menu or booting up sequence.
im getting close to giving up and crying....please help!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1-Downloads this image (Openpli3.0-Beta)
[Only registered and activated users can see links You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.]
2-Use optiflasher (Flashing by Network lan only) method and flash image (OpenPli)

If issue still, then you have hardware problem (Take to Technician)

Thanks again FB but still no luck :(

I used optiflasher lan method only and successfully flashed the image you gave me. Again when I connect to tv I only see the skin for the image (which is a picture of a dreambox).

I don't want to believe its a hardware issue because the box is literally brand new out of the box (2 weeks old) and was working absolutely fine until the very moment I flashed it.... - are you saying that because I flashed it I have ruined the hardware?

Pleaseee there must be something else...

Summary: ssl and image both flash fine but when the box is turned on I only get a picture of the skin and nothing else happens.

Thanks for your efforts.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Did you setup settings? Did you send your favorites channels or used searched options?
If Yes and same issue as i told you before Hardware issue ... Take to Supplier and ask him to check it If he see the problem maybe he will change the box because still under warranty ...

Answer to your questions

Q1.Did you setup settings?
A. If you mean optiflasher settings for sector recover? Then Yes I did select this.

Q2.Did you send your favorites channels or used searched options?
A. Im sorry I don't know how to do this or when I should do this....? The box does not respond to the remote control either.
Before I did the flash for the first time I made no backups or anything, like a noob I just flashed wrong image :(

To give you exact understanding of my situation here is the story :) :

1. Received new dm800hd sim210 working with some enigma/gemini image
2. I needed to change keys on the box but supplier had changed box password so could not ftp
3. As a noob I just flashed the box with any image (no SSL)
4. No CA error
5. Used Dreamup and null cable to flash many different SSL and images
6. After successful flashes - only a picture appears when box is on, no menu or bootup.....still cannot ftp to box

Do you see some mistakes I have made? (like not using correct SSL?) or steps I have not done?

Thanks for you patience FB! Appreciate your help

As i said before:
1-Use Optiflasher with Advanced2 (null cable only without network lan)
2-Flash Bootloader SSl84B or D any one you have it better SSl84D last Secondsatage for You Box download it from attach
3-If you succeed then turn of box and then turn on (You will see on small front screen Sim2 SSl84D)
4-Now flash any new image include SSl84D
5-after finish turn of and on then make setup on image as like tuner configuration and video time ...etc
6-make search for channels
7-Now try to select any channels
8-If issue still happens (Take to supplier to check it)

P.s: If you want online support ... just make donation then you will have Pro key for optiflasher and Vip user then you will get online support from Yassinvo...

Attached Files
.rar   sim201_800HD_ssl84D_FOR_DRV20130607.rar (Size: 336.24 KB / Downloads: 4)

Thanks again for your support !

So until step 4 all is ok - the box display shows sim 201 team and I see #84D when I turn it on.
I tried a few images for 84D but like always I only see the skin when I turn it on.

I take a break now for a week, maybe next week I make donation and start to bother yassinov :)
There is no possibility to take it to supplier - I still don't think I have a hardware issue as I know it only stopped working after I flashed it. Again thank you for your efforts FB!

Hi FB / Yassinov

(I made the donation as you suggested FB) - maybe yassinov can help.

Fairbird thinks I might have a hardware issue and he might be right, the only reason I keep trying to fix it is because it is a brand new box and it was working fine only until I flashed it then it does no longer work.

pictures of inside my dm800hd pvr:

as I said before the box was working and is brand new - I tried to flash it like a noob and now broke it, no backups or anything except I did copy device info the first time:

Information
Product Name DM800
Booloader version Dreambox Second Stage Loader BUILD #76, built 20100419
Flash Size 64 MB
Production Date (YYYY/MM/DD) 2013/10/22
mID 13
Serial Number 12035
MAC Address 00:09:34:28:06:d9
Printed Serial Number DA2213000012035

after I flashed it with some wrong ssl and got No CA error, this I can always solve with dreamup (v1.3.3.0 only) using null cable.

I can always manage to flash successfully some bootloader or ssl but problem is when I connect to tv I only see just the skin of the image but the box does not do anything, nothing loads.... for example:

currently I am on ssl#82
when I turn on box I can see it says "flash/bootloader.elf"
and then afterwards it shows:

if you believe I have damaged the hardware by doing a flash then I shall just put it in the bin now as I wont spend more money trying to repair it.

Thanks again guys - let me know about your thoughts and ideas, im willing to try :)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo want flash vmilano2 2 3,536 07-20-2014, 09:22 PM
Last Post: vmilano2
  good day i noob and new mie2soft 0 2,524 05-24-2014, 06:25 PM
Last Post: mie2soft
  enigma2 plugin crashes enigma2 when pressing arrow keys in menu oleandre 3 6,253 07-06-2012, 11:25 PM
Last Post: fairbird