Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
  • ¡Welcome to InfoServ!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: SOLVED Flashinttg Problem
Thread Modes
Dear All
I tried to flash my clone dm800hd with a new image. While flashing my computer restarted. After that in stop mode i can get an ip.... but in normal mode it stucks on dhcp.
Anyone else faced and solved the same problem?
When trying to upload again a new image i am getting the following error:
too much data (or bad sectors) in partition 3 (end: 04000000, pos: 04000000)

Thanks in advance

Here you can flash your box and fix bad sectors by optiflasher..
[Only registered and activated users can see links You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.]

I ve tried it but it didnt help.
I tried the other procedure with the dreamup and got the following.

00:37:15 box type: DM800
00:37:15 Enabled recovery of bad sectors
00:39:00 Calculating checksum...
00:39:01 Uploading file to box...
00:39:15 box is flashing from its memory...
00:39:15 Log: +++ 015 bad sector recovery enabled
00:39:16 OK, flash-copy succeeded
00:39:31 Calculating checksum...
00:39:33 Uploading file to box...
01:45:43 box is flashing from its memory...
01:45:46 Log: +++ 015 bad sector recovery enabled
01:45:46 Flashing failed (!!! 010 INVALID IMAGE (OR OLD VERSION)), box will be unusable now!!

Any ideas?

What shall i select on the software? its connected through rs232... its gonna take time?

(!!! 010 INVALID IMAGE (OR OLD VERSION)) this message mean, should by flash last bootloader first then turn off box and then flash image...
Try with optiflasher better as i wrote in my thread and flash botloader for your box and choose (advanced--settings--recover sectors--ok--write bootloader)

(10-26-2012, 03:25 AM)fairbird Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.(!!! 010 INVALID IMAGE (OR OLD VERSION)) this message mean, should by flash last bootloader first then turn off box and then flash image...
Try with optiflasher better as i wrote in my thread and flash botloader for your box and choose (advanced--settings--recover sectors--ok--write bootloader)

Thanks for your help.
When you said my flash loader what do you mean?
Where can i find it?
After flashing bootloader can i flash image through web interface? or it must be done through the serial cable?

Where can i find the latest bootloader for my box?
My box is dm800 sim2 ssl 84b

From here download it...
[Only registered and activated users can see links You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.]
And from here you can download your box images...

(!!! 010 INVALID IMAGE (OR OLD VERSION)) this message mean, should by flash last bootloader first then turn off box and then flash image...

The first step was done very quickly.
The image flashing procedure seems to take ages is that right?
Name: Merlin-3-dm800-04-07-ramiMAHER.nfi
FSize: 42358864 bytes
Please Wait ! Do not Disconnect Until Done/Reboot !
The progress status remains on 0%
Any suggestions?

I tried through dreamup and got same error.
00:30:43 box type: DM800
00:31:30 Calculating checksum...
00:31:32 Uploading file to box...
01:33:03 box is flashing from its memory...
01:33:27 Flashing failed (!!! 005 too much data (or bad sectors) in partition 3 (end: 04000000, pos: 04000000)), box will be unusable now!!

Your problem is from bad sectors...
must be fix it...
with optiflasher or dreamup..
Try with optiflasher to flash image not bootloader with fix bad sectors..
Here you can flash your box and fix bad sectors by optiflasher..
Try with different images....

I tried everything but after the image upload which is done succesfull then it stucks on 0% no progress on the progress bar. I tried 5 different images but nothing happened. I still face the same problem. Its very frustrating. If i do it through the browser everything is going fine untill 21% and then i get the error.
If i connect it with serial cable i am getting multimedia error no ca found.
I tried to fix it with the tool NCF SIM2 v2.5 but no success.